From the monthly archives: August 2013

We are pleased to present below all posts archived in 'August 2013'. If you still can't find what you are looking for, try using the search box.

Understanding Insurance: If Someone Hits You, Who Reports The Claim?

Written by on 8/28/2013 7:40 AM . It has 0 Comments.

If someone hits you, and it's pretty clear that person is at fault, is it their responsibility to report the claim, or should you report the claim? According to your auto policy, it's your duty to report all claims to your insurance company, regardless of fault. People often think that they're not required to report a claim to their own insurance company if they're not at fault for the claim. However, this is incorrect. When you purchase an auto insurance policy, make sure you read the section addressing your duties in a claim to understand what circumstances call for you to report a claim. So, if you're involved in an accident, each person should report the claim to his or her own insurance company. If the accident isn't your fault and another company is willing to cover your damage, you can choose to use that company instead of your own, and it should be fairly easy for your own company to close your claim. What many people don't know is this: You can report a claim to another person's insurance company. ...

Read More

Insurance Tips For The College-Bound

Written by on 8/13/2013 3:33 AM . It has 0 Comments.

College is expensive enough without finding out too late that an accident or theft isn’t covered under your current policies. So, as you get your children ready to head off to school in the next few weeks, we highly recommend that you take some time to review your insurance coverage. It's important to keep in mind that policy language varies by company, but below is a general guide. If you have questions, or want to go over your insurance needs, don’t hesitate to contact us! HOMEOWNERS Coverage of personal property: Most homeowners policies provide 10 percent of Coverage C (Personal Property) for property owned by an insured that is at a residence other than the insured’s.  For example, if the contents of a your home are insured for $100,000, a student’s property, up to $10,000, would be covered if living in a dormitory – provided the damage is caused by a covered peril and the student meets the definition of an insured. For apartments or houses off-campus, the ...

Read More