You’re returning home from a wonderful weekend getaway and open the door to your home to find that your entire kitchen and living room are covered in water!...
In the blink of an eye, all the joy and relaxation from the vacation vanishes and is instantly replaced with pure panic and frustration. Don’t worry, should you ever find yourself in this situation, here are a few tips to help you assess the situation, mitigate the problem and restore everything back to normal…
- First and foremost, try to determine the source of the water and shut off the water valve.
- If possible, remove the standing water that you can see by sponging or blotting.
- Pick up and remove saturated rugs from floors.
- Stay out of rooms where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Place aluminum, saucers or blocks between furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Do not operate electrical appliances while in contact with wet flooring/surfaces.
- Do not leave fabrics, magazines, books or other colored items on wet carpet.
- Contact a restoration company to mitigate the water damage and prevent additional water damage immediately.
- Finally, give us a call to discuss the situation and we’ll help guide you through the next steps.
Mission Viejo Office: (949)582-5220
Tustin Office: (714)505-5310