If you're currently renting a property, renters insurance is a smart, inexpensive and essential coverage for you to consider adding to your insurance program.
For example, if a fire were to sadly burn down the place you are renting, how would you replace all of your belongings?
The #1 mistake that renters make in this situation is believing that their personal property is covered by their landlord’s policy. In reality, your belongings are your responsibility to protect, so a fire could be very costly for those without renters coverage.
Here's why renters insurance is a good solution if you’re currently renting a town home, apartment or house:
- Renters insurance is a great value - with an annual cost of only $150 to $350, depending on the coverage amount.
- Renters policies protect against property-damage claims, too. Let’s say you’re out on the golf course and shank a drive that breaks a house window. Your renters insurance policy would cover you!
- Renters Insurance can provide coverage from theft whether it occurs at home or away from home.
- Renters may be eligible for discounts for having multiple policies. You’ll be surprised how much you can save when you bundle your auto and renters insurance policies.
- Renters policies may include Full Value Contents protection, paying the full replacement-cost coverage on their items, without deduction for depreciation, up to the limits and deductibles you select.
- Additional coverages are available, including personal umbrella for broader protection, as well as endorsements to schedule valuable possessions such as jewelry, art, antiques or collectibles.
The bottom line is that renters insurance is a smart, sensible investment that won’t break the bank! If you’re a renter, give us a call or fill out the quick quote form below to see just how easy and inexpensive it is to add a renters policy to your insurance program.
Mission Viejo Office: (949)582-5220
Tustin Office: (714)505-5310